HL7 Rapid-Rid Gel (200mL)$19.90
KILLS LICE & EGGS
HL7 Rapid-Rid is a specially formulated head lice treatment, which has a physical action on head lice causing them to rapidly dehydrate and die.
ODOURLESS & PESTICIDE FREE
Rapid-Rid Gel is different from other commonly used head lice treatments as it does not contain chemical pesticides.It may be therefore also effective in those cases where other treatments have failed. This means that lice won't build resistence to Rapid-Rid Gel.
UNIQUE DOSE INDICATOR
Rapid-Rid is a liquid gel which easily disperses through the hair to achieve maximum saturation. While spray applicators may appear user-friendly their fine mist may not always saturate the hair sufficiently. Rapid-Rid’s easy use cap and dose-indicator make treatment quick and easy!
QUICK & EASY
- 10 minute treatment
- Pesticide free
- 3 applications / bottle for long hair
- 6 applications / bottle for short hair
- Special ingredients to make combing easy
- Leaves hair feeling soft and silky
Unscrew cap, break and remove protective seal. Replace cap.
- Shake bottle well. Use dose indicator as a guide and apply 30-50mL (depending on hair length) to DRY HAIR. Completely saturate all hair with Rapid-Rid Gel, covering the entire scalp, back of neck and behind the ears.
- Massage hair thoroughly then use an ordinary comb to detangle hair. Leave gel on hair for 10 minutes.
- Separate hair into sections and use a fine tooth metal comb, such as HL7 Head Lice Comb to remove dead lice and their eggs. Wipe lice and eggs from the comb, onto a tissue after each use.
- Do not rinse out gel. Apply everyday shampoo directly to hair, without adding water. Hair will not lather readily and it may be necessary to wash hair a second time. Conditioner is not necessary
- REPEAT the above treatment after 7 days to remove any new hatchlings and to break the lice life cycle. Failure to do this may result in re-infestation.
Adults and children over 2 years of age. Also suitable for asthmatics and those with sensitive scalps.
Use only as directed
Always read the label
Keep out of reach of children
For external use only - Do not swallow
If symptoms persist, see your healthcare professional
Avoid contact with eyes, nose and mouth
If gel contacts eyes, rinse out immediately
If skin irritation occurs, discontinue use
WHY APPLY HL7 TREATMENTS TO DRY HAIR?
Wetting the hair prior to treating it is an early warning system for lice! Head lice shut their breathing holes once they get wet and can keep these shut for 30 minutes. This prevents the gel from penetrating the louse effectively and slows down the dehydration process.
IS HL7 SAFE TO USE IN PREGNANCY?
HL7 Rapid Rid Gel does not contain any harsh chemicals. The active ingredient, Dimethicone, is widely used in health and beauty products. Dimethicone is a safe, inert substance, which while deadly to lice is harmless to humans. HL7 has not conducted clinical trials for the use of HL7 Rapid-Rid Gel during pregnancy and therefore cannot endorse the use in pregnancy. We recommend that you consult your health care professional.